Liven with illustrations
Hot Tip #60 is to liven with illustrations.
Illustrated characters, devices, and elements can really bring a Landing Page to life:
I was going to keep this is a secret but the commercial license for the Hot Tips Ebook fire illustration was $4 on Creative Market. It completely changed the way the product looks and feels within the Landing Page:
Character illustrations are currently on-trend in SaaS Landing Pages. I’d argue they are becoming generic but definitely still work to brighten a stale page:
If you have the budget, aim to commission custom illustrations from a designer. If not, these resources are a good place to start:
- Streamline UX – Vincent and his team have launched an illustration tier to their icon library.
- Blush Design – Online tool to create, mix, and customize illustrations made by artists around the world.
- Humaaans – Free library to mix and match illustrations of people. Made for Sketch, Figma, InVision Studio and Adobe XD.
- unDraw – Royalty-free illustration resource by Katerina Limpitsouni.
- Illustration Inspiration – A collection of 1500+ Landing Pages I’ve curated featuring a mix of illustrations.